His Excellency Mr. Bakheet S. Al-Rashidi
Minister of Oil and Minister of Electricity & Water
- BSc. in Chemical Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Has more than 30 years’ experience in global refining and petrochemicals.
- Board Member of Kuwait Oil Company (KOC), the upstream arm of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC), 2011-2012 and the Chairman & Managing Director of Kuwait Aromatics (KARO), a local joint venture, 2009-2012.
- Deputy Chairman Executive Officer of the Board and Deputy Managing Director for Strategic Planning and Local Marketing, 2012-2013.
- Chief Executive Officer of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation Holdings-Aruba and President of Kuwait Petroleum International, since May 2013-December 2017.
- Headed several of Kuwait’s oil sector local and international major projects, namely the Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemicals Project in Vietnam and the proposed expansion of KPI refining capacity in Oman.
- He also played an instrumental role in recently established Gulf Downstream Association (GDA), a non-profit organization fostering cooperation between companies in refining and other aspects of the downstream oil sector.
- Minister of Oil, Minister of Electricity & Water and Chairman of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, December 2017 to present.