The delegation of the State of Kuwait was presided by Dr. Ali Saleh Al Amir Minister of Oil and the Minister of State of the National Assembly Affairs and accompanied by Sheikh Talal Al Sabah Assistant undersecretary of Control and Petroleum Media Affairs and Manager of petroleum media and public relations department AQnwar Al Khalidi and petroleum media controller by proxy Abdullah Gloum and a group of the department’s employees and officers from Kuwait Petroleum Company.
The opening session had a debate character in which participated the Ministers of Petrol and Energy in the Cooperation Council Countries including themes, the media role as an engine of the petroleum market, the rumors and conspiracies theory, absence of a Gulf petroleum media and the methods of developing it and last the effect of the technical developments in the media field and understanding the petroleum industry.
At the end of the session, the Engineer Ali Al Naimi declared the proposal of the KSA to establish an independent association concerned in the workers in the petroleum media field and declared its support calling upon the presence to proceed in this matter and from another side, Dr. Al Amir declared welcoming the State of Kuwait of the Saudi proposal and supporting it.
The forum included 6 sessions; general view of the media and petrol , transparency and information in the Gulf petroleum media, role of the petroleum conferences and forums in promoting the petroleum culture, image of the Arabs and petrol in the foreign media, qualification of journalists in the petrol and petroleum culture field in the gulf States and the role of governments, companies, universities and media means and at last the petrol and new media.
The forum resulted in final recommendations as follows:
- Working on establishing an independent association under the name of the petroleum media association including Gulf, Arab and foreign journalists specialized in the petrol and energy affairs in the Gulf region.
- Recommending establishing an award for the characterized workers in the petroleum media to be granted by the hosting country during the inauguration of the petroleum media forum that is held every 2 years in one of the Gulf States.
- Working on correcting the image of the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries in the international media and highlighting the positive role carried out by the council countries towards the stability of the petroleum market and providing the supplies upon the occurrence of any sudden failure and contributing in the growth of the international economy, in particular the economies of developing countries.
- Working on holding local and Gulf workshops and training sessions specialized in the petroleum media field whether through the petrol and energy Ministries or national petroleum companies and the specialized press training institutes.
- Encouraging the audio-visual and electronic media means in the Gulf Cooperation Council, upon being concerned to provide specialized and trained press cadres in the petroleum and energy field.
- Confirming the importance to organize conferences and forums in the Council countries that concentrates on the energy and petrol affairs and highlighting the media role in it.
- Inducing the petrol and energy companies in the council countries to highlight its role in the social responsibility in the petroleum and non-petroleum aspects, such as social, cultural and economic activities.
- Preparing a specialized petroleum media accompanying the digital modernity, presenting the nature of the petroleum industry in the Council countries and its developmental role and simplifies the issues related to the petrol of the society.
- Providing petroleum media sources that guarantee the reaching of the official information available for the media to the media means which puts an end to rumors and invalid information.
- Consolidating the relation between the Ministries of petrol and energy in the Council countries and the national petroleum companies from one side and the universities and scientific and research centers.
- Thanking the Secretary General of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf for its efforts in preparing this forum and its role in the petroleum media strategy.
Thanking the United Arab Emirates for its initiative for regulating the third petroleum media forum in the United Arab Emirates in 2017.