The Tenders Affairs and Field Inspection Department shall be concerned with the following :
Implementing provisions of the Supreme Petroleum Council No.1979/5 issued on 22/1/1979 for regulating petroleum companies tenders, as amended. This department consists of the following :
Tenders Affairs and Contracts Control, concerned with the following:
- participating in preparing the a list (record) of contractors and suppliers, approved by petroleum companies, through the classification committee formed according to article (4) of the said Supreme Petroleum Council decree No.5/79
- receiving tender documents from petroleum companies according to article 7 of the said Supreme Petroleum Council decree.
- Participating in the membership of the Central Tenders Committee in the manner stated by article (9) of the said Supreme Petroleum Council decree.
- Encouraging local companies to enter into tenders and direct them to use local products as much as possible.
Field Inspection Control , concerned with the following :
- Researching and studying contracting procedures after awarding, in terms of the required approvals from the concerned authorities or any other competent regulatory authority.
- Following up the implementation of contracts and purchase orders of petroleum companies, and ensuring safety of performance of either contracting parties
- Reviewing the monthly lists of contracts and purchase orders (not subject to the provisions of the public tenders law), received by the department from petroleum companies, in accordance with the provisions of article 2 of the said Supreme Petroleum Council decree
- Following up the notifications concerned with the projects exempted by the minister of energy, pursuant to the provisions of article 3 of the said Supreme Petroleum Council decree , as well as the notifications received by the ministry from petroleum companies, in accordance with the provisions of article 6 of this decree.
- Coordinating with the information systems program to save, index and classify all the documents related to the department's functions
- Cooperating with the ministry programs and any other authorities to ensure conformity of the tenders or contracts conditions with the works implemented in reality.