The Department of Environment and Safety is concerned about preserving the good standard of environment beside the safety and security of the personnel as well as the petroleum installations and utilities. Also it carries on the duties of site supervisiing, controlling and following up on the working oil companies according to the law No.19/73 concerning the conservation of petroleum wealth resources of the State of Kuwait and its executive regulations.
- Coordination with the working oil companies in the country to supply the department with the information and technical data concerning the environment.
- Follow up the capital projects in regard of environment protection throughout the periodical reports and site visits.
- Follow up the respective reports about the pollution and the protection against pollution processes.
- Coordination with the oil companies in regard of site follow up of the oil companies operations and utilities.
- Environmental inventory on the oil companies utilities operations.
- Study and follow up the execution of the annual environmental plans and the submitted programmes from the oil companies in regard of the procedures of preserving the environment.
- Review and evaluate the environmental impact assessment concerning oil projects.
- Prepare the required reports about the extent of commitment by the oil companies with the rules of preserving the petroleum wealth resources of the environment control (chapter T).
- Coordination and cooperation with the environment Public Authority in application of the environmental strategy of the State of Kuwait in the activities of the oil sector.
Safety and Security of the Oil installations Controllership
- Coordination with the oil companies to supply the control with the required information and oil data regarding the matters of safety.
- Follow up and prepare the required reports about the extent of commitment of the oil companies when applying the approved standards in the preservation rules which concerns the safety when activating the law No.19 of 1973 and its executive rules in regard of preserving the petroleum wealth resources.
- Coordination with the oil companies in regard of site follow up the operations and utilities of the oil companies to insure safty matters .
- Follow up the oil incidents and follow up the capital projects in regard of the safety and security control of the oil installations.
- Study and follow up the execution of the annual and periodical safety procedures and the submitted programmes and the procedures and comprehensive security plans for the protection of all the petroleum utilities.
- Checking the maintenance programmes of the production, transport, storage, refining and fabrication utilities operations.