Decree No. 78 of 2007 About the Ministry of Oil
- After reviewing the constitution,
- And the Decree Law No. 6 of 1980, about creating the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, as amended.
- And the Decree Law No. 116 of 1992 concerning the organization of the administrative and terms of reference and the mandate,
- And the Decree issued on 26 August 1974 about creating the Supreme Council for Petroleum and amended decrees,
- The Decree No. 153 of 2003 concerning the Ministry of Energy,
- The Decree No. 66 of 2007 to form a ministry,
- The Decree No. 77 of 2007 concerning the Ministry of Electricity and Water,
- Based on the presentation of the Prime Minister,
- After the approval of the Council of Ministers,
The Ministry of Oil undertakes the oil wealth Affairs from exploitation and development to ensure the development of state resources and increase national income.
The ministry responsible for the following matters:
Proposing the general policy of the oil and gas sector and follow up their implementation.
Supervising the operating units in the oil and gas and direct the state rights in it, and managing the government shares in companies that works in this field, and assist the Supreme Petroleum Council in the performed tasks and supervision of the implementation of its decisions.
Cooperation with governmental bodies and institutions in the related matters in the oil wealth sector.
Doing the geological researches and supervise the exploration of natural resources in the areas of crude oil and natural gas.
The development of relations with international bodies and the Arab and foreign institutions, in oil affairs and related matters.
Subject to the provisions in Decree No. 77 of 2007 in the Ministry of Electricity and water, the oil ministry replaces with the Ministry of Energy, in all disciplines was the oil sector in this ministry, and transferred to staff in this sector and all its funds will return back to it.
And the oil minister will start the vested powers under the laws, decrees and regulatory decisions to the Minister of Energy for the oil sector.
The minister of oil overseeing the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation and chairs the board of directors and be as a member of the Supreme Petroleum Council.
Decree No. 153 of 2003 concerning the Ministry of Energy is canceled.
The Prime Minister and ministers - each in his own jurisdiction - the implementation of this Decree, and shall be effective from the date of its issuance and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Emir of Kuwait
Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah
Acting Prime Minister
Jaber Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah
Issued in Seif Palace: 22 Spring 1428
Approved: April 10, 2007